cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Without service for 11 days after failed sim swap during upgrade!

Laura61
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I upgraded my phone on 7th June (iPhone XR to iPhone 15) where an ESim transfer should have happened but something went wrong and service was bared from my old original sim at the same time! I was told for 4 days by customer services various different things and that to wait, a plastic sim has been sent in the post and to also go into an o2 store as they could sort it (they couldn’t! As the sim order was processing and comes up with an error of airtime not active even though I’m being billed etc) I was then told on 12th June no physical SIM card was ever sent in the post and the whole thing is stuck in processing and their back office need to look into it to resolve it and allow 10 days! This time is now over and I am still without a working network, old SIM card still don’t work, eSIM error on my o2 account and unable to go through swap sim as error saying changes being processed on account. I cannot access my online banking or anything as everything needs a one time passcode. I am going out of my mind here!! 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

cnwfc
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Quite scary really, people are losing service for weeks. Luckily I still have active service on the eSIM.

I spoke with O2 again and they said it is still sitting with the backend team and it hasn't been 10 days yet.

They put a credit on my account for inconvenience. It seems a LOT of people are having issues with this at the moment and due to the order being marked as 'processing', the store and web teams cannot manually intervene it seems.

Message 21 of 26

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9062 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Any progress on this as yet @cnwfc ?

Message 22 of 26

cnwfc
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Nope. On day 17 now, still stuck in ‘Processing’. The store cannot re-issue me a plastic SIM as this current order has not been fulfilled.

I’ll try customer service again tomorrow but I fully expect to be told it could take another 10 days…..

Message 23 of 26

Oxonian
  • 9062 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

Good luck @cnwfc ! 👍

Message 24 of 26

HelpneedeDpls
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im at my wits end I want to cancel my order it has been " stuck in processing " for three weeks now it is an absolute disgrace does anyone have any advise 😫

Message 25 of 26

Oxonian
  • 9062 Posts
  • 205 Topics
  • 26 Solutions