Wifi calling drop outs on Galaxy A52 5G phone

YorkshireLaddie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
More info
Wifi calling keeps dropping out

My galaxy A52 5g keeps dropping out despite having 100Mb broadband, live near edge of signal area with 2 bars at drive entrance but at best 1 bar outside of house door. Does anyone else have this problem? Followed all o2 written guidance and go into good signal area, switch off the phone and back on. Then toggle WiFi calling back on and off. Suspect there is a firmware problem with the phone. Any ideas please?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Have you checked for any updates on the phone @YorkshireLaddie ?

Try forgetting the connection on the phone, turn the router off for a few minutes and then back on. Wait for it to get back up and running (10 minutes or so) and then try connecting again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

Have you checked for any updates on the phone @YorkshireLaddie ?

Try forgetting the connection on the phone, turn the router off for a few minutes and then back on. Wait for it to get back up and running (10 minutes or so) and then try connecting again.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 4

lewys-gp
Former Staff
  • 921 Posts
  • 89 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi, @YorkshireLaddie. Did you manage to resolve this issue, please? Just wondering if the advice above helped sort it 😁. Cheers.

Community Manager for the O2 Community 🙂
Message 3 of 4

YorkshireLaddie
  • 4 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Yes I'm pleased to say that your recommendation has worked now for over 24 hours. When I am in an area of the house where there is no normal signal and wi-fi calling is showing, the person I am speaking to on the phone can now hear me clearly, which was not the case before. Also text messages now arrive whilst I am in a black spot on wifi calling which was not the case previously. I used to have to go outside and walk a ways to find a signal, and wait quite a while.

Message 4 of 4