Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi calling and 5g on Pixel 7a without O2 firmware

Tedfisk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just looking at switching to O2, but it seems like my stock pixel 7a might not support WiFi calling. This is a must have feature for me as coverage here is spotty. Can anyone confirm or refute? Thanks.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 148721 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Tedfisk 

I have a 7a bought direct from Google and both work fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 148721 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

@Tedfisk 

I have a 7a bought direct from Google and both work fine.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Tedfisk 

Just to add if you are on PAYG you wont get WiFi Calling on o2, it is only on Pay Monthly and also if coverage is spotty where you are why stick with o2, rather than move to a network that would work for you..

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 3 of 8

Tedfisk
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a contract I'm looking at. None of the providers is great as we're on top of a hill, but outside the house my old giffgaff deal seemed to have best data reliability - but giffgaff has no WiFi calling, of course.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 148721 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

No problems then @Tedfisk 

Message 5 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11265 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Tedfisk 

Might be worth rechecking GiffGaff as they now have Wifi Calling / rolling it out

https://community.giffgaff.com/d/34049108-an-update-on-wifi-calling-and-volte 

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 6 of 8

Tedfisk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks. Took the plunge and everything is working as expected.

Message 7 of 8

MI5
  • 148721 Posts
  • 640 Topics
  • 28438 Solutions

You're welcome @Tedfisk 

Message 8 of 8