cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When I ring out I get an international dialling tone when the contact is in this country ?

MRSP1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

When I ring out a I keep getting an international dialling tone when the contact is in this country ? Please advise 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

You mean you get an international, long ring tone in your ear when you are placing a call? The UK ring tone heard by the person making the call is a punctuated 1,2,pause,1,2, pause, vs the international 1 solid, 1 pause, 1 solid, 1 pause.

Reported by subscribers on different networks lately, sometimes if the called subscriber is on WiFi using WiFi calling, sometimes not. It is not something to worry about, as it is not service affecting, just a different ring tone, your call will still come out of any allowance you have at no extra cost to either party, @MRSP1.

It is happening as telcos upgrade equipment, until the new equipment is configured correctly at both ends of the call, you may notice it on occasion.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149437 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28497 Solutions

@MRSP1 

This has been happening with customers on EE network recently.

They are investigating the issue.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 3

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38466 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

You mean you get an international, long ring tone in your ear when you are placing a call? The UK ring tone heard by the person making the call is a punctuated 1,2,pause,1,2, pause, vs the international 1 solid, 1 pause, 1 solid, 1 pause.

Reported by subscribers on different networks lately, sometimes if the called subscriber is on WiFi using WiFi calling, sometimes not. It is not something to worry about, as it is not service affecting, just a different ring tone, your call will still come out of any allowance you have at no extra cost to either party, @MRSP1.

It is happening as telcos upgrade equipment, until the new equipment is configured correctly at both ends of the call, you may notice it on occasion.

Message 3 of 3