Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website being blocked by O2

NicCro
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My website https://cottonliveson.org is being blocked by O2 but not by any other mobile provider. 

I have tried livechat and calling 0344 8090202 but have not managed to speak to anyone who might be able to help. I did see that there was an O2 url checker, but I can't access that either. 

Any help in how to get this solved would be appreciated. 
Thank you 

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7154 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Working here

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 18

NicCro
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Strange. Are you using a mobile device?
Myself and my client (plus a few others) that use O2 for mobile data can view using wifi but a soon as wifi is switched off, we all get an error message, which others using different mobile data providers don't? 

Message 3 of 18

Enlli
  • 7154 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

S22+ Mobile running 5G Liverpool City Centre

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 18

NicCro
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The message that we are all seeing is 'Safari cannot open the page because it could not establish a secure connection to the server'. I know at least 4 of us are O2 via Tesco, not sure about the others. 

It's the only website I have come across that I can't see with wifi turned off. 

Message 5 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Working for me too.

O2 4G near Coventry

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 6 of 18

Enlli
  • 7154 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Notice you mention Safari. 

Using Chrome here. I think @MI5 maybe too. 

If so it's a browser issue.

Message 7 of 18

NicCro
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On Chrome we get a similar error - 'This site can't provide a secure connection - sent an invalid response. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Hosting company has checked the SSL certificate and the site works fine on all browsers on PC and phone with wifi on - just not when wifi off. Its strange that you can see it though with wifi off. 

Message 8 of 18

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147220 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

Must be a mast issue at the location you are using @NicCro 

Working elsewhere fine as attested to by myself and @Enlli 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 9 of 18

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10704 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

Nothing to do with the mast, as the Mast doesnt provide the Internet connection, it provides a connection to the POP (Point of Presence), 

What happens when you use Edge, Safari or Firefox or any of the variants of those? 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 10 of 18