Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WIFI CALLING

BulliedCustomer
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As I have been bullied by the O2 Roaming Police I have decided to switch off my Mobile data having used 5GB out of my Unlimited Data Plan in a month. Apparently thats not fair use although the website says we can use up to 25GB.

So I'm doing everything on with only WIFI turned on so was quite surprised when I received a mobile call. I have got WIFI calling enabled but didn't think it would work on its own.

My question is why is it working and are the calls going through the internet and not chargeable or going immediately from WIFI to a local cell and therefore chargeable ?

Its an iPhone 11.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@BulliedCustomer 

As I'm guessing that you are in the EU?

All calls come from your allowances so are not chargeable.

Turning off data will not stop calls coming in as they come over the GSM network anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@BulliedCustomer 

As I'm guessing that you are in the EU?

All calls come from your allowances so are not chargeable.

Turning off data will not stop calls coming in as they come over the GSM network anyway.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

BulliedCustomer
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I'm in Italy. I have an Italian mobile as well. What I don't understand was that I set my phone to airplane mode with Wifi switched on. I though that would block the GSM part. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

It should do, but either way, you won't be charged.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4