Did you mean: 

Voicemail service is not connecting

No-Voicemail
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

Has anyone else experienced an error when calling the voicemail service?

When I dial 901 the line terminates itself straight away without ringing. I have also attempted to enter 1760 to turn off and 1750 to turn on but both are not connecting either.

I have also checked my phone's settings but all is showing the voicemail service should still be active. 

I have also done tester calls to other phone lines and they are all connecting/ ringing out.

Thanks

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Joee
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The top if the page says SOLVED , but its NOT

Message 11 of 23

Joee
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Didn't work for me

Message 12 of 23

mychips
  • 8 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

having same problem cannot get anything to work

Message 13 of 23

Joee
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a solution because i need to listen to my voicemails???????

Message 14 of 23

elwsch1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having the same problem for a few weeks now. Has this resolved for anyone?

Message 15 of 23

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

Guide: All you need to know about O2 Voicemail 901 contains the info about the service.

@No-Voicemail @elwsch1 @Joee @mychips - my (Contract) phone VM is working fine.

For me: 1780 from an O2 mobile while in the UK to hear the number to be used for countries where 901 does not work results in a short audio message, and then an "I am sorry, you are not permitted to use this service".

Have you initialised your voicemail service and set a PIN on it, from your mobile?

I have not tried this from a PAYG, where a spend cap or 0 spend cap may get in the way of making the call and result in no access to Voicemail - make sure you have some balance on your account and try again.

Any more info you can spare might help us to get to the bottom of what is catching each of you out!

Message 16 of 23

elwsch1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's a pay monthly contract, and the voicemail service used to work but stopped working some time in the last several weeks. Nor am I able to call any other o2 number, such as 202, as per previous posters (above). In all such cases, including attempting to access voicemail, the call simply fails to connect immediately with the short 'call failed' tone.

Message 17 of 23

pgn
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@elwsch1 wrote:

It's a pay monthly contract, and the voicemail service used to work but stopped working some time in the last several weeks. Nor am I able to call any other o2 number, such as 202, as per previous posters (above). In all such cases, including attempting to access voicemail, the call simply fails to connect immediately with the short 'call failed' tone.

What phone, make and model, @elwsch1?

Message 18 of 23

elwsch1
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Oneplus 5, but I've a friend who has the same problem who's using an iPhone, so I doubt that's terribly relevant.

Message 19 of 23

pgn
  • 37203 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

It could be, especially if you have a phone that is capable of WiFi calling - the WiFi calling needs to be deactivated on the phone and on the account for some of the short-code MMI instructions to work.

I've played with my phone, which was bought from O2 and not ported from another network - all the activate, deactivate and dial-in features work, the 1780 short code works but tells me I am not entitled to use the service/feature, @elwsch1 

Message 20 of 23