Did you mean: 

Visual Voicemail on Pixel 7 Pro

mrgrill79
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

Just moved over to O2. I have a Pixel 7 pro bought direct from Google. I can't for the life of me get visual voicemail working. Does it even work on this device? I've searched the forums and some people seem to have VVM working on a pixel device. I've called customer services but they don't seem to be able to help. 

Basically, does it work on Pixel 7. If it doesn't fine, I'll ignore the millions of messages I get saying it have been activated and then turn it off. If it does work, then can any kind soul help me understand how to get it activated as I keep seeing the "Can't activate VVM" message within the voicemail tab in the phone app. 

Please help! pray 

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145316 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27890 Solutions

@mrgrill79 

Your phone is not supported by O2 for VVM so turn off the option in your dialler settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36734 Posts
  • 237 Topics
  • 1636 Solutions

Advice below, @mrgrill79 until you can determine if it is supported - not working on my Pixel 6a, despite the early barrage of texts that are silenced as here:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Visual-voicemail-activation/m-p/1597739/highlight/true#M2...

Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145316 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27890 Solutions

@mrgrill79 

Your phone is not supported by O2 for VVM so turn off the option in your dialler settings.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 3 of 8

garetc
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 98 Posts
  • 7 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Works fine for me on O2 with a Pixel 7.

You need to check that you have Smartphone data on your account rather than iData by calling customer services.

iPhone 15 Pro Max (EE/Vodafone)
Samsung S24 Ultra (O2/Three)
Message 4 of 8

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@mrgrill79 Were you able to get your VVM set up?

Message 5 of 8

mrgrill79
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Garetc above says it works on their Pixel 7 if I call CS and get them to apply smartphone data. Others have said disable VVM as it doesn't work on Pixel 7pro. So I'm not the wiser. It either works or it doesn't. I can't seem to get it working on my device. 

Message 6 of 8

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10321 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3029 Solutions

@mrgrill79 

Its a bit and miss across all networks, I tried to activate it on o2 and EE today across a Pixel 6 Pro, and it was the same, say activating... 

Best thing to do is reach out to Google Support...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 8

Godber
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have had VVM on Pixel 6pro and Pixel 7pro.
Just got a new contract and swapped SIMs and now getting this error message. So it looks like something on their SIM or Contract config.

Message 8 of 8