Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very poor signal in Glasgow area

Skeeter252
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Has anyone else been having very poor signal in the Glasgow area?  I had a Galaxy S22 and around 2 months ago started having issues.  It generally seems to show one bar of signal and 5G is active in Glasgow city.  at my home just outside Glasgow it says 4G.  However it takes an eternity to load even the most basic of pages etc and even whatsapp takes ages to refresh.  I have spoken to others on o2 and Tesco which i think uses the same network and they have also noticed the same issues.  I just upgraded to an S24 hoping things would improve but it's the same problem.  My friend is moving to EE because of this and i am considering cancelling and moving.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Skeeter252 

Yes Tesco use the same Network as o2, and for a long time in the centre of Glasgow, well since they did lots of work around St Enoch's square o2 and some other networks have had issues in the centre of Glasgow. 

And think since they did a lot of building work, the masts haven't reappeared, probably due to the council and landlords..

Have a look at these guides Guide: How can I sort out my network issues?  and this page https://status.o2.co.uk

If you are still within 14 days you can return the phone and cancel the o2 account, outside of that you would need to pay off the device plan in full (as per the T&C's there is no guarantee of coverage or a fault free network) 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

#

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

Skeeter252
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It's actually around the Govan area so near the airport that i work, so notice most issues here.  However it seems to be everywhere that there is an issue and not the connection i used to get.  I have sent a complaint e-mail in to o2.  I am reluctant to move as i have just upgraded but the phone is pretty useless due to this issue so will may be forced to move.

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11488 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3159 Solutions

@Skeeter252 

Ahh OK, I have only ever worked in the centre of Glasgow and near the train stations. 

It might be worth on the off chance, just trying to se the phone to 4G rather than 5G and see if that makes a difference, as if it it hunting for a 5G connection and cant find one or its on the end of the output it might struggle...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 5

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9114 Posts
  • 208 Topics
  • 26 Solutions