cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification / text messages not being received.

Byron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all, I have recently (past three weeks) had issues receiving text messages including verification messages to my iPhone. I have the latest software (15.3). I have contacted apple and gone through their screen share process and they determined the issue was with O2. I have contacted customer services multiple times being told to wait for a technical advisor to call me back. It has been over a week and so far no response. I’ve tired restarting phone and resetting the network settings all to no avail. I’ve had the same O2 number for the last 15 years with no issues until now. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@Byron 

Try these tips Guide: Text Message Tips (not sent or received) 

Also try turning off wifi to see if there is any difference.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Byron
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the reply! Weirdly I stumbled upon that guide when trying to troubleshoot the issue previously. Nothing from that guide helped me unfortunately. It also appears to be a very intermittent issue as every few days a backlog of messages will all get pushed through at once. 

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144180 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

Might be worth getting a new sim card then @Byron 

Any O2 store will do a swap for free.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4