Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Code Whatsapp

Zak01010
Level 3: Thinker
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Bought a new iPhone activated it by setting it up. Used "Move to IOS" to transfer the whatsapp chat data. The verification code hasnt arrived. I've tried the "Call Me" option. Made sure its the correct international format. Also tried waiting 24hrs. No issues with the sim as I can text and recieve calls even google verification text messages. I messaged whatsapp using the support ticket they keep mentioning the advice on and on.

They state if the advice that they have given doesn't work I have to email back through a reply with my full international number in that format. I haven't recieved a single reply and I've been waiting patiently because I can't use my new phone. No issues with my phone or sim but what can I do honestly I need help. I did transfer my number from Voxi (vodafone) a week ago. Is a porting issue?

Message 1 of 64
63 REPLIES 63

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @pgn 

@PaulD2  I will send you a private message

signature
Message 31 of 64

Andy_Ax
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have the same problem of no SMS verification code from WhatsApp after moving to a new phone so would appreciate a solution if there is one.

Message 32 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@O2Georgina can you private message and assist 

Message 33 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@pgn no she hasnt its something that the engineers have to resolve I believe after she looked at my case the notes "The latest note that the engineers have advised is that they are not able to see any sms from whatsapp coming through to the network so they have advised you to check with whatsapp"

I believe you are right its to do with the number registries or something to do without O2's end because its not a whatsapp issue and they don't assist with these problems. They provide troubleshooting advice which hasn't worked and then state to speak to the cellular provider.

Message 34 of 64

LaraJane
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same issue! Since getting a new phone/contract and transferring my old number over to O2 I am not receiving WhatsApp verification codes! The amount of times I request a verification code and nothing comes through! Surely it shouldn’t be this difficult and why is it so hard to get this resolved! I am actually fed up of constantly having to request a code from WhatsApp for nothing to come through and then waiting hours until I can try again!! Surely there shouldn’t be so many problems surrounding this!! Wish I never switch over to O2!! 

Message 35 of 64

J9genie
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am also having the same issue, I ported my number from a different network, everything else seems to have gone smoothly except WhatsApp. One thing I notice is that my number isn’t recognised on the sim slot, would this be affecting anything? I don’t think I have any blocks in place.
Any help on getting access beck to WhatsApp would be greatly appreciated 

Message 36 of 64

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Andy_Ax @LaraJane @J9genie Please raise it with customer services. Myself and Zak01010 on here are having the same issue so the more people that raise it the better!

I haven't come from a different provider but I have the same issue. Also, the o2 shops can't access my account either, can they with yours? The message that appears states that my account may be on o2 360 which is apparently a new system, and I'm wondering if it's related to that.

Message 37 of 64

Zak01010
  • 34 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@PaulD2 is right make sure @Andy_Ax @LaraJane @J9genie you inform customer services to escalate this issue to the technical team. 

Message 38 of 64

LaraJane
  • 4 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@PaulD2 @Zak01010 I’ve called O2 everyday since Friday and yesterday they finally filled out a form and raised it with the technical team. I have to wait up to three days to hear from them. Hopefully this gets sorted soon for us all 🤞🏻 

Message 39 of 64

PaulD2
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 19 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's great slight_smile Yeh hopefully it's fixed asap!

Message 40 of 64