Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable or non existent network

Simreb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hopefully this is the right place to raise a query on coverage.

I am in the BD17 6 area.  I can only see one tower when we have a further 5 closer but blocked by the lay of the land. 

My cell tower check is

Cell ID 186,

rsrp -126 and

rsrq -12,

sin 0 12 and

sin1 -4. 

O2 map says I should get good indoor 4G, I can’t get any unless in the vicinity of our front windows.  I get 2 bar on a good day of 3G inside which will be shut down soon I believe and no 5G at all. 

I would like to know when this will be improved, and if another tower will be installed soon so as I may take advantage of 5G home internet.  Maybe a check in person needs to be scheduled by a passing engineer to help improve coverage. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6606 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

This is not something we as a community of customers, nor customer services themselves can tell you. Network plans are always kept secret.

I guess this will probably not help in your case

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Do not rely on coverage maps

If I were you I would try PAYG SIM cards on the other networks to see if they are better

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10180 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Simreb 

3G on o2 is a long way off been shutdown due to o2 running most of the Smart Meter Sims and other IOT contracts. 

Your issue in Baildon is the lay of the land as you say, and also the masts that do cover Baildon dont actually cover all of it.. 

madasaf1sh_0-1705669929697.png

looking at the all the networks it seems to be that they all have the same problem... 

But as @Enlli suggested get some sims and test... 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 5

Cleoriff
  • 122949 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Simreb 
Download the My Network App which will keep you updated on changes and coverage.

You will be able to report issues via the app.

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

@Simreb 

2025 is the 3g shutdown for O2.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-to-begin-switching-off-3g-in-2025-with-enhanced-cus...

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5