Did you mean: 

Using O2 E-sim roaming in Europe

Kano
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear Team,

I have just ordered an O2 E-sim for my phone. But before activating this I want to find out if this would work for using internet and calling whilst roaming in Europe. As going through the forum there are mixed replies with some saying it does work and some saying it doesn't. So just wanted to be 100% else I will just keep using the plastic sim. Also I spoke with the colleague at O2 customer service and they mentioned it won't work. So it's very confusing.Thank You!

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Kano 

It has worked for me across Europe, and I have used an o2 esim in Spain, Gibraltar, France, Poland, and in Ireland, and never had an issue.  As well in the Far East and Hawai'i

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10282 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3023 Solutions

@Kano 

It has worked for me across Europe, and I have used an o2 esim in Spain, Gibraltar, France, Poland, and in Ireland, and never had an issue.  As well in the Far East and Hawai'i

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 6

Kano
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you

Message 3 of 6

Kano
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @madasaf1sh ,

I really hope it will work as I will need to use the data a lot whilst roaming. It's strange as the O2 customer service assistant told me it won't work outside UK and asked me to keep the plastic sim. But as it has worked for you so I definitely was provided wrong info. Thank you very much

Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36443 Posts
  • 235 Topics
  • 1621 Solutions

Don't forget you are restricted to no more than 25GB in any single billing cycle when roaming in O2's Europe Zone - more in here Guide: Roaming MegaGuide 

Enjoy your trip!

Message 5 of 6

Kano
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you @pgn slight_smile

Message 6 of 6