Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating APN on my o2 supplied Nokia 6303ci

medeson
Level 1: Joiner
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My wife has an ‘o2 supplied’ and contracted Nokia 6303ci. She got the following text

“Hi,
It's time to update your APN (mobile data) settings, otherwise you'll be unable to roam when you go abroad. Do this via the Settings menu on your phone or visit https://www.o2.co.uk/manual-set-up and follow the guidance.”

The link does not cover the supplied and contracted Nokia 6303ci, the account shows clearly that she has this phone which she has and been paying O2 monthly for for many years. 

Whilst the phone does have internet connectivity she does not use it for that. She only uses txt and calls but we do require to use it overseas so we need to maintain this ability. 

The text suggests ‘roaming’ will not work but does not say if this is ‘call/txt’ roaming or ‘just’ data roaming. 

I wonder if someone could clarify this for me?

If ‘all’ roaming then I’d need instructions on how to change it on this phone and what to?

I appreciate I could call, go through and automated system, get out through to various people who perhaps could not help before, perhaps finding someone who could or I could drive 45 min there and 45 min back and hope someone in the o2 shop could help but as o2 have required this change I would hope I could get a response. 

I appreciate this is a community site and maybe? Not frequented by o2 technical staff but maybe someone could help?

If not, does an email address for O2 technical support exist where it would get routed to a knowledgable person who could respond. 

Thank You

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@medeson 

The correct apn settings are here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android-Devices-Samsung-HTC-Sony/Connecting-Android-Phone-to-Data-Serv...

They are basically the same for all phones, except iPhones.

Roaming issues are usually only associated with data.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 2 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6841 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1529 Solutions

Text ALL to 789922 to update the mobile internet settings on your phone. Just wait for the configuration message that you will receive then open it from the notification tab and follow the on screen prompt.

APN settings only deal with data. She could still roam with calls and text

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 6

medeson
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks to both for your replies, very much appreciated. 

It seems this will not cause her a problem. 

The phone is not a smartphone of any kind, text menus and physical buttons so no information is available on the O2 help settings. 

My wife is severely sight impaired and cannot get in with a smartphone, she knows the physical button layout by feel and uses a magnifying glass to read txts and select contacts.

I’d love to get her on a smartphone but she just can’t get in with it. She does have a 12.1” iPad Pro on maximum text size and uses the magnifier to do things like Facebook / messenger etc. 

thanks again for the replies. 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145225 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27887 Solutions

@medeson 

Calls and texts will work fine if on a monthly contract but if PAYG there will be difficulties in countries with no 3g network.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 5 of 6

medeson
  • 8 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

thanks 👍

Message 6 of 6