Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unusual battery life/drain

Croz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am writing to share my Wifes experience with switching from a contract to a SIM only plan for my iPhone 8+ and to seek some advice and insights from the community.

During the conversation with the O2 representative, She was asked twice about the battery life, which She explained was perfectly normal and that she didn't use her phone that much. However, since making the switch to the SIM only plan, she has been experiencing issues with her phone's battery life.

I am unsure what could have caused this issue, and I was wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience? Could it be related to the switch from a contract to a SIM only plan, or is there something else that could be affecting my phone's battery life?

I have checked my phone's settings to ensure that they are optimized for the new network, but the issue persists. I would appreciate any insights or suggestions that the community might have to offer.

Thank you in advance for your help and support.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7101 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Should not make any difference. However, if she has changed networks and moved from a very strong signal to one that is weak, then the phone has to work harder using more power.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 5

Croz
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No network change, nor have we moved. everything the same except the change from monthly contract  to sim only. We live in a cynical world where tec is involved especially when battery life is mentioned and would you like a new phone now yours is paid for" The phone was fully charged this morning 8am now at 8pm it has 28%. Two out going calls & Three incoming. Last week this would have been in the region of 85%+ 

Message 3 of 5

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10628 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Croz 

Contracts and Tariff changes have no impact on battery drain. 

Think what the Tech was getting at is the iPhone 8 is now 6 generations old, and battery degradation is to be expected, so I have a feeling its more coincidence than anything else. 

I would have a look at the Battery Usage stats on the iPhone, and see if any app is now using a lot more battery power, and also if there are any app or IOS updates. 

Have a look here as well https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253632553

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146925 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Croz 

Settings >Battery >Battery health and check the maximum battery capacity. 

I would guess it's quite a low percentage.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5