Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlocking an iphone

Steev180
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been waiting a week for O2 to unlock an iPhone 7 for me from a plan i had during the 20 years i was with them. How many times do I need to call and ask for this?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11012 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 362 Solutions

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

Will this help you?

@Steev180 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146912 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Steev180 

You don't get a code for iPhones.

Have you tried another sim yet?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 6

Steev180
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there, yeah I have a new Smarty sim and hoped to use this old iphone device but without the sim it is 'Sim Locked' in the settings and warns that usage may be limited, speak to provider to unlock etc.

When I put the Smarty sim in, I can't set up the iphone, message says 'Sim not compatible'. O2 won't seem to help without some sort of proof that they supplied the phone on a previous contract, so I'm trawling through my emails. 

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146912 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28262 Solutions

@Steev180 

Get an O2 PAYG sim and put a £10 top up on it.

Use the phone for a few days to make some calls and then register for your MyO2.

You can then request the unlock through your MyO2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 6

Steev180
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's not a bad idea come to think of it, thanks. Might be stopping on my way home to pick one up. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 6