Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock an iPhone 6S from the O2 network

Dave110
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My daughter gave me her old iPhone after upgrading and is also using a different network provider. I have carried out a factory reset and had it re-authorised in my name with Apple. But it is locked to O2 and I have been going around the houses on the O2 website getting no-where to unlock it. My daughter's login for her old O2 account no longer works and I have never had an O2 account. So I installed the My O2 app and created a new account for myself, hoping this would allow me to follow the online instructions to unlock the phone. But after signing in it tells me there is something wrong with the account. I have all the phone information such as the IMEI number. Please help me to unlock the phone so I can use my EE SIM. My phone number is [personal details removed] if you want to phone me.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I'm afraid creating an account without actually having an O2 SIM won't work.

The advice given in the guide is to get a PAYG SIM top up and make some calls before requesting an unlock

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

People on here are customers like you so nobody will phone. I would advise removing your phone number as the forum is open to anyone 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

I'm afraid creating an account without actually having an O2 SIM won't work.

The advice given in the guide is to get a PAYG SIM top up and make some calls before requesting an unlock

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

People on here are customers like you so nobody will phone. I would advise removing your phone number as the forum is open to anyone 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2