Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlock Samsung S7

Froggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I used to be on O2 (Samsung Galaxy S7 phone). I changed to EE and ported my number when I got a new phone. Because of Coronavirus I am shielded and need to repurpose my old phone to use for work contact. I have a 3 SIM I would like to use but when I insert the Sim there is no service. How do I get this unlocked when I am no longer with O2 and also ported my number
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Froggy 

All ways here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

The PAYG route may be the quickest for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Froggy 

All ways here Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

The PAYG route may be the quickest for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 5

Froggy
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Since I no longer have an O2 account and have ported the number that used to be associated with that phone how should I proceed - the form that can be filled out requests the type of account and the phone number?
Message 3 of 5

O2Faisal
  • 97 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

@Froggy wrote:
Since I no longer have an O2 account and have ported the number that used to be associated with that phone how should I proceed - the form that can be filled out requests the type of account and the phone number?

Once you have left o2, you can normally call up customer services, if they manage to verify you had an account with o2 and it was a handset purchased from ourselves then they will allow the phone to be unlocked. However they may ask you to purchase a pay as you go sim use it for 24 hrs then call back or fill in the form online to have the device unlocked.

signature
Message 4 of 5

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Froggy 

Guide: Unlocking an O2 phone to use a different SIM card 

As I said, go the PAYG route.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 5