Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unfreeze (MCK) code for my Samsung GT-S5620 O2-locked and frozen device

Jon15
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone tell me the unfreeze (MCK) code for my Samsung GT-S5620 O2-locked and frozen device?

Background.  Spoke with O2 Customer Services as old backup phone (2015) sim had died -> directed me to go to O2 shop.  Shop sold me new SIM so that I could request code(s) with new number.  Filled online form and was send unlatching code but not an unfreeze code (in order to allow me to enter the unlatching code).  Replied to  o2referrals@o2mail.co.uk but no answer.  Rang O2 Customer Services but transferred back and forth between Pay As You Go dept and Pay As You Go Retentions dept.  Told that other would help as did not understand request.

=> Would be grateful if you can provide unfreeze code.

Thank you in advance.  Jon

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 796 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 👍

@Jon15 I'll be in touch shortly 😊

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149921 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28556 Solutions

@Jon15 

This is usually sorted by our community managers.

@Dave-O2 is our new manager so give him some time to look into this for you.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

Jon15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@M15   Really appreciate prompt reply and notifying community manager.  Hopefully they can get back to me in next few days.  Thank you!

Message 3 of 5

Dave-O2
Community Manager
Community Manager
  • 796 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 28 Solutions

Thanks @MI5 👍

@Jon15 I'll be in touch shortly 😊

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram

Message 4 of 5

Jon15
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: @Dave-O2 helped me find the MCK/unfreeze code.  As my handset had been frozen from entering the unlock (NCK) code 3 times, I needed to enter the MCK code, followed by the NCK code to unlock my phone.  There were a few hurdles along the way but eventually we got it done.

Big thanks to @Dave-O2for his patience in walking me through this issue and for @MI5connecting me up with the right support.  Jon15_0-1695733863780.png

Message 5 of 5