cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12413 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1151 Solutions

Sounds like a job for the community advisors @OODuce !

I'll mention @O2Sarah- to see if she can help - look out for a private message here on the community.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 41 of 60

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj  😊

@OODuce I will send you a private message so we can check your account. 

Message 42 of 60

SajR
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Sarah, I ported from Vodafone to O2 on 7th Jan 23 and cannot receive calls from non O2 numbers. I have rang over 25 times since then, every two days and been promised a call back which never materialises. This seems to get referred to the back office every time I call. I seem to be caught in a never ending cycle. Any help would really be appreciated.

Message 43 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37353 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1701 Solutions

@SajR wrote:

Hi Sarah, I ported from Vodafone to O2 on 7th Jan 23 and cannot receive calls from non O2 numbers. I have rang over 25 times since then, every two days and been promised a call back which never materialises. This seems to get referred to the back office every time I call. I seem to be caught in a never ending cycle. Any help would really be appreciated.

I'll tag @O2Sarah- to this for you, @SajR - she's on until 14:00 or so, keep an eye on your messages here.

Good luck!

Message 44 of 60

SRoy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the exact same problem, I have been with o2 for nearly a month now and have not been able to receive calls from non-O2 numbers and can’t receive texts from anyone. I have contacted customer

services so many times on the app and by phone and keep being told that it would be sorted but nothing has happened. Please could someone help with this.

Message 45 of 60

OODuce
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks Sara. I was locked out of my account as I could not receive texts.

All sorted now. I went back to Vodafone in the end as O2, as a company, are shockingly inept. Expensive lesson learnt. Vodafone had me up and running within 12 hours of the request and I didn't have to phone 14 times, wait on hold, tell the same story 14 times and have my call either dropped or routed to someone who didn't know what to today.

Message 46 of 60

ARJ11N
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Please can someone help me. I am having this same issue. I have been like this for a week now. 

Message 47 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37353 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1701 Solutions

@ARJ11N wrote:

Please can someone help me. I am having this same issue. I have been like this for a week now. 

Hi @ARJ11N - O2 Advisor on from 8am today is @O2Ryan - keep a watch here for their reply seeking more info from you via Private Message. Good luck!

Message 48 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124445 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

I'll tag @O2Ryan again and as it's past 12md, I'll try @O2MichaelE as well  @pgn 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 49 of 60

O2MichaelE
  • 30 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff 

@ARJ11N I'll PM you for more information so I can get the full details of your issue and look at your account slight_smile

My working hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10:00 - 17:00
If you message me outside of these times I will respond once I am available
Message 50 of 60