cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7215 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1596 Solutions

Looks like another for @O2Sarah- who will be on tomorrow morning

Can you help @Ricardo48 ?

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 21 of 60

O2Sarah-
  • 689 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Enlli 

@Ricardo48 I will send you a private message so we can investigate 

Message 22 of 60

DeanKip
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, was there any solutions for this thread? I'm having the exact same issues. Ported my number from EE, but only can receive calls from O2 numbers and no other network. I also cannot receive any SMS and iMessage/Facetime keeps saying activation failed and won't allow me to select my number.

Message 23 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 37349 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1701 Solutions

Something mangled with the port from old to new network. This should be something O2's social Media Team, links just below, can now fix, @DeanKip - have you tried to use that avenue of support yet?

Message 24 of 60

DeanKip
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks @pgn will give them a try

Message 25 of 60

Rokun3
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, did any one get this resolved? I requested my number to be ported across from Vodafone to O2 last week. I was told the port was scheduled to happen last Friday and Friday morning my Vodafone sim lost service and o2 sun began working. After an hour, the sim stopped working. Saturday morning I received a text from o2 to say my number was due to be transferred on Saturday so I left it. By Monday I still could not receive/make calls or send texts, but I would receive texts to say I’ve missed calls from various numbers. Monday morning I rang o2 and they sent me a new sim with the number preactivated. This only started working somewhat after a customer support agent told me to log out of my iTunes from other phones. Now I can only receive and send texts. I managed to receive 2 calls but other than that, no luck. No idea why it worked twice in the space of 2 minutes but not otherwise. Desperately need help please!! 

Message 26 of 60

gmarkj
  • 12413 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1151 Solutions

What a complete mess @Rokun3 

I'll mention the community advisors on duty this morning to see if they can help.

@O2Georgina @O2Sarah can you do anything?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 27 of 60

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @gmarkj 

@Rokun3  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 28 of 60

ML1
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi did you managed to get this resolved? I’ve also moved from EE & am having the exact same issue, have contacted customer services numerous times & it’s still not sorted.

Message 29 of 60

Enlli
  • 7215 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1596 Solutions

@O2Emma can you help @ML1 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 30 of 60