cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 68: Extraordinaire
  • 5884 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 1922 Solutions

@MrsD2 

It will be Vodafone, as they wont have completed the port on there end, as they have to do some changes to how the number is routed as they still own the prefix in the national number plan. 

You need to get o2 to pass it to Vodafone to fix, you will need to persevere with Customer Services i am afraid.

I would also check Vodafone have closed your account with them down correctly.

Current Phone: Sony XPeria Pro-I and Motorola Razr 5G
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 68: Extraordinaire
  • 5884 Posts
  • 32 Topics
  • 1922 Solutions

@MrsD2 

It will be Vodafone, as they wont have completed the port on there end, as they have to do some changes to how the number is routed as they still own the prefix in the national number plan. 

You need to get o2 to pass it to Vodafone to fix, you will need to persevere with Customer Services i am afraid.

I would also check Vodafone have closed your account with them down correctly.

Current Phone: Sony XPeria Pro-I and Motorola Razr 5G
I also have a Planet Computers Gemini

I work in IT as an Enterprise Messaging and Collaboration Tools Administrator (Office 365, Slack and much much more) and manage hardware both Mobile and Desktop / laptop, my desk is a bit like PC World

--
We are all customers and dont have access to any o2 accounts

Message 2 of 3

MrBloggs99
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The best advice i can give you is  just cancel your contract and go back to Vodaphone, save yourself from the misery and pain of O2

Message 3 of 3