cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to receive incoming calls or texts since porting my number to o2 from vodaphone

MrsD2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My number was ported from vodaphone to o2 on Thursday and since they have done it I can only receive calls from o2 network.

have called customer service many times and still not solved.

I have been to store and they have checked settings, done phone restore and sim swap and still having same problem!

please can anyone help! 

o2 have been useless! 

Message 1 of 60
59 REPLIES 59

Cleoriff
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

Thanks @O2MichaelE xx

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 51 of 60

hippo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m having same issues 

did anyone get it fixed??

Message 52 of 60

Airth71
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

I am having the same issue, but not getting anywhere

Message 53 of 60

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 125594 Posts
  • 829 Topics
  • 7546 Solutions

@Airth71and @hippo 

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 54 of 60

Irnbru
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m experiencing this just now I need help did you get it sorted might just cancel and go back to Vodafone!! 

Message 55 of 60

ARJ11N
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just for information for anyone having this issue. I first posted here back in March. My issue was never resolved. After what feels like Hundreds of calls speaking to so many people at o2. Not one person ever got in touch to solve this. I am now out of Contract so can move back to Vodafone. What a nightmare. O2 never again. Shocked how this has carried out with a resolution for so many months and being charged to end my contract early hense why I was forced to wait it out. Good bye. 

Message 56 of 60

James1989
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Wow, it looks like a lot of people are having the same problem. I've had the same experience for 20 days now. I'm going back to 3. O2 has given me the worst porting experience ever!

Message 57 of 60

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 8936 Posts
  • 201 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@James1989 

I am sorry to say that if you are disappointed by O2's Customer Service, you might find the Customer Service at Three to be, let's say, "interesting".  

Message 58 of 60

02rubbish
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is there a resolution to this as I’ve had a number ported a week ago and has the very same issue, it’s costing business this as I need the line for business calls and without those I’m losing out. It’s just not acceptable!! It’s 2024 and people are having number porting issues. Ridiculous 

Message 59 of 60

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38197 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@02rubbish wrote:

Is there a resolution to this as I’ve had a number ported a week ago and has the very same issue, it’s costing business this as I need the line for business calls and without those I’m losing out. It’s just not acceptable!! It’s 2024 and people are having number porting issues. Ridiculous 

Clearly your data is working so reach out to the Social Media Team using Facebook, X, or Instagram using the link just below, @02rubbish - and keep nudging them until you get an agent who responds to you asking for more details privately.

Porting has been problematic for months, not helped by a botched system upgrade some weeks ago that is affecting many more customers.

Good luck!

Message 60 of 60