Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make voice calls on new phone

Dwarf
Level 1: Joiner
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I'm looking for some help if possible I've recently received a new handset and 5g sim for an upgrade b4 this my old phone (iphone) worked perfectly after the new sim swap (done by me the o2 shop and online ) the new handset will not allow calls it just says call ended without dialing, if called I get number withheld all other functions on the phone  work , if I go into the sim status it says mobile network state disconnected service state saying in service . There are no diverts or bars active so phone should dial any help would be much appreciated 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @Dwarf - if the new SIM works in the old phone (admittedly without the 5G bit), then contact O2 via either 202 or Social Media, links below, and ask if they can remove the (little advertised!) Shipping or IMEI Bar (put on high-end phones to cut down on theft).

Other numbers in this guide: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support if you need them.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11

Dwarf
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi thanks for the reply but the sim shows the same error in my old phone as my new one

Message 3 of 11

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Is the old SIM still active?  It sounds like the move of your number between old and new SIMs has not completed properly yet - rebooting the new phone with the new SIM in it until it becomes fully active is probably the only solution, @Dwarf 

Message 4 of 11

Dwarf
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So just an update 3 sims 2 handsets the advisors keep trying to send sims when obviously it's an account setting so far 34 calls 9 days without a phone multiple chats online in shop and home and still not escalated

Message 5 of 11

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I am going to tag in one of the Forum O2 Account Advisors, @O2Lisa - she is on from 8am tomorrow, watch for a PM from her for more info tomorrow, @Dwarf.

Good luck!

Message 6 of 11

O2Lisa
Former Staff
  • 996 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 32 Solutions

Morning all, thanks for the tag @pgn.

@Dwarf I'll message you privately and look in to this for you. 

My working hours are Monday - Thursday 08:00 - 18:00
Any messages sent outside these time will be responded to on my return.
Thanks slight_smile

signature
Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Dwarf
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks just yet another update I bought a payg sim put it in my phone topped up and that works fine 

Message 8 of 11

Dwarf
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for your help 

Message 9 of 11

pgn
  • 35208 Posts
  • 223 Topics