Did you mean: 

Unable to make online purchases using Verified by Visa

Smiley_Neil
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi,

I was transferred from Virgin Mobile to O2 yesterday, and the phone and texts are working okay. However, today I have tried to purchase something online with my credit card and the payment was declined by my bank when looking to use Verified by Visa. On ringing the bank and giving them the reference number from the declined message, they asked me if I had a new phone or SIM. I have the same phone and SIM but told them I had just been transferred from Virgin to O2. Apparently they are seeing a lot of this from people who have been transferred and told me that I needed to speak to O2 about it, as the SIM maybe isn't registered correctly for Verified by Visa to be able to use it. I tried the phone line but with queues of over 30 minutes (according to the message) I thought I'd try by email (so no luck there!) and then found these forums. I'm hoping that, like Virgin, there are administrators here who can help.

Thanks

Neil

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9308 Posts
  • 214 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Smiley_Neil wrote:

So the only way to get O2 support is to wait on the phone for an hour until they happen to get through to you? 

All of the methods of contacting O2 are summarised in here :-

Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

As @gmarkj has mentioned, social media can be very effective. Also, for some - but not all - issues, a visit to a local O2 retail store can lead to resolution :-

Store locator | O2 UK | Find Your Nearest O2 Store

https://stores.o2.co.uk/

Message 11 of 11