cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn on Wi-Fi and 4g calling in device detail, how?

Wakeydakey
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Where do I go in MyO2 to turn on Wi-Fi and 4g calling so I can call from USA. Keep going round in circles with O2 next to useless support and website. I can call landlines but not mobiles, apparently due to a US change in networks. Turning on the options on my iPhone gets me nowhere, blocks all calls. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23143 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Wakeydakey You cannot use WiFi calling from the US: Wifi and 4G Calling explained | O2

From the link above:

Wifi Calling is not currently supported outside of the UK. However, in certain circumstances it may be possible to enable Wifi Calling whilst abroad and where used additional charges will apply.

You can use O2 Travel to make cheaper calls while you’re abroad. If you’re an O2 Business customer you can use O2 Travel in Europe or our Rest Of World 24 Hour Pass to stay connected while you’re away.

Edit: Also see this: USA - Roaming with O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144633 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Wakeydakey 

You need to 4g aspect of wifi and 4g calling enabling to make calls in USA 

USA - Roaming with O2 

Looks like you should contact customer service as they can help with that – message them on Social Media if that works best for you -on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or call on 202 or 0344 809 0202.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 13

Wakeydakey
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Can’t ring those numbers, original question was how I activate Wi-Fi and 4g so no answer there, tried twitter- awaiting reply. 
There seems a total disconnect here, now O2 have split off as a package from Virgin will just move on when contract ends, although it doesn’t let me talk to my family right now. 

Message 4 of 13

Wakeydakey
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

been through all these links, do not help at all, O2 can talk about it being an issue with US networks but having knowledge of it and not helping there customers is absurd. The cheaper calls thing is irrelevant as I have a bolt on included which is supposed to be inclusive, but it won’t cost anything if I can’t make calls. 

Message 5 of 13

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23143 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3685 Solutions

@Wakeydakey If you have WhatsApp on your phone you can call, text, and video call anyone who also has the app on their phone anywhere in the world over an ordinary WiFi connection for free.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144633 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27729 Solutions

@Wakeydakey 

O2 have to enable wifi calling first on your account.

You then need to turn it on in your MyO2 and after that, select it in your phone settings.

wifi on.PNG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 13

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6654 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

Don't forget that 4G Calling is likely to be called by it's proper name on your handset VoLTE. So if you are looking for a setting called 4G Calling you may not find it.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 8 of 13

Wakeydakey
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@MI5 That looks like the area, but not available on mobile sites. Also getting hold of O2 to turn it on is the biggest problem. Will keep trying, but taking away enjoyment from my holiday. 

Message 9 of 13

Wakeydakey
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Enlli that is on, all I can do is done, it seems it’s just O2 to do their bit. 

Message 10 of 13