Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to order a sim, but having issues at checkout

Teresakaram
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am trying to buy a sim only plan (12 months, 15GB, 8£ a month) and am having issues with checking out.

Whenever I put my delivery address, I get this message: "Looking for a business address? Unfortunately we can't deliver to your work. Use your home address instead." 

The address is not my work, it is my hall of residence. I am an international student at university and have nowhere else to get it delivered. Please help me solve this issue.

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Teresakaram 

Halls of residences are usually registered to the University so are a sort of Business, address the best think to do if you can is pop to an o2 shop, near your university as they will know how to do this better than the Sales Team

But bare in mind if you don't have 3 years of UK addresses you may not be able to get a Pay Monthly contract.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Teresakaram 

Halls of residences are usually registered to the University so are a sort of Business, address the best think to do if you can is pop to an o2 shop, near your university as they will know how to do this better than the Sales Team

But bare in mind if you don't have 3 years of UK addresses you may not be able to get a Pay Monthly contract.

Message 2 of 4

Teresakaram
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for the quick response,

Why can i not get a pay monthly contract? I haven't lived here for three years. What can I do?

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Teresakaram 

Its down to credit checking in the UK that all mobile providers use, there is no guarantee you will be declined or approved. 

That is why I suggested going to the o2 shop near the university or city centre, as they will have experience with this, and they may have an arrangement with your university.

Message 4 of 4