Did you mean: 

Trying to install Wi-Fi calling........

Werlynne
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I am new to )2 from Vodafone.

I have a Samsung A70 which has the latest available software installed. I HAD WI-Fi calling on my old Vodafone sim but now I have changed over to 02 it is not showing as a menu option anywhere that I can find. I have followed the 02 video to set up Wi-Fi but I am unable to find the Devices section. My 02 app does not look the same as the one shown on the 02 Samsung how to set up Wi-Fi calling video. Looking at other forums it seems that I have to contact 02 to add this feature. I have the 18 month £20 Unlimited Texts and minutes contract with 120gb of data.

I am unable to contact 02 via the phone number as whatever I "ask" does not get me through to anyone.

Can anyone give me any pointers as to how I can get Wi-Fi calling to function or is it just a matter of waiting till the Call centres re open after all the current difficulties.

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions

First you need to contact customer services to ask them to add it to your account (numbers in link below).
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/Coronavirus-Covid-19-Community-Help-and-Su...
Once that has been done, you should be able to follow the instructions on the next link below:
https://www.o2.co.uk/business/support/network-support/wifi-and-4g-calling

Edited to add - use ANY option to get through to someone as this is important to you.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 7

Werlynne
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Gmarkj

Thanks for the info, I have looked at the link, none mention wi-fi calling, which do you feel would be the best one to try to contact?

Thanks

Message 3 of 7

O2Karl
  • 285 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 24 Solutions

Hi @Werlynne 

Sorry you are having difficulty setting up Wifi Calling, there can me a number of reasons why Wifi Calling is not working from Device, Firmware, and current plan chosen.

Have you checked your device is compatible for WIFI Calling with O2? You can find the details here

If the device is compatible you will need to check the data bolt-on,on the account to make sure it has Wifi Calling included.

signature
Message 4 of 7

Werlynne
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi 02 Karl, thank you for your assistance. My phone is a Samsung A70 and does have the WiFi calling feature built in.

My plan is the £20 per month 120gb unlimited Texts and Minutes tied into an 18 month contract.

I am unable to find out if the plan includes WiFi calling, I can't find it listed either way.

Any further assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122354 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Werlynne 

The A70 does support Wifi Calling for any contract.

A guide to set up here.

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/network-coverage-and-international/wifi-and-4g-calling#samsung-setup 

You may need to call O2 to enable it on your account.

All numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11992 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Sorry @Werlynne.
Use any of tue phone numbers, and you may need to be a little flexible with the truth when saying what you are calling for...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 7 of 7