Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer data from water damaged phone

Sofia12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, my poor Google pixel 3a has suffered water damage from having been in a very steamy room. The screen is all black and bit blue and cannot be used. My question is, when buying a new Google pixel phone, how can I transfer all my photos and folders and WhatsApp messages etc from the broken phone to the new? Instead of ordering a new phone online, am I better to order it from the shop and ask them to help me transfer everything? Is that something the staff at O2 shops are able to do? Tried calling them but no answer.

Thanks slight_smile

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Sofia12 

Everything should be backed up to your Google account so will all be present on new phone after you login with your Google account details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

@Sofia12 

Everything should be backed up to your Google account so will all be present on new phone after you login with your Google account details.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Sofia12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just logged into my Google account on the laptop and it's all there. Baby pics and all! Thank God! 

Thanks a lot slight_smile

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144145 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions

You're welcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4