Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts showing different number

Veeee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Recently, my texts to one of my contacts has shown up as coming from a different number. We’ve deleted all chats, reinstated each other, she’s blocked the ‘other number’, but can no longer receive any on my messages. I’ve an A12 phone. No other contact has this problem. How has my number become linked with this ‘other’ number? Have I been hacked?

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I doubt you've been "hacked", @Veeee 🙂 - if you have not upgraded recently, or switched phone number/carrier, then the problem lies at your friend's end. I have seen someone add 2 numbers to a contact on Android, as it ties into Gmail contacts as well, which makes the receiving phone assign the wrong name to the messages from the second contact - is that a possibility?  Also, for now, I'd ask your friend to unblock the number that she has blocked until you can figure out where the mis-labelling has occurred. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35211 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

I doubt you've been "hacked", @Veeee 🙂 - if you have not upgraded recently, or switched phone number/carrier, then the problem lies at your friend's end. I have seen someone add 2 numbers to a contact on Android, as it ties into Gmail contacts as well, which makes the receiving phone assign the wrong name to the messages from the second contact - is that a possibility?  Also, for now, I'd ask your friend to unblock the number that she has blocked until you can figure out where the mis-labelling has occurred. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2