cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not being received from AQA service on Android phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an Android phone but it no longer receives texts from a premium number I send questions too.

The service is called Any Question Answered on 63336. I send my text, money is taken out my credit, which is normal, but no response text is received.

I have checked with the AQA text service and they confirm the text was sent but I never receive it.

I sent a text question yesterday at 22nd July at 2.07pm but no text was received from them, even though it is likely they sent it.

Once I received a text from them, but it only appeared in Google Messages app for a few seconds before disappearing. I never had chance to open it.

Could it be a fault with Android update, 02 or AQA?

I have a new Nokia Android phone on Android 11 and before that I had an Alba smartphone on Android 7 so I know it is not a fault with my actual phone.

Can anyone help me start receiving texts from AQA again.

Thank you

Philip
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
It still takes my money when I send the text! I'm supposed to get the answer text back. Last time when I emailed them I asked for a refund, but they said they had sent the text, so I had no way if proving I didn't receive it.
Message 11 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
BTW, Why are you called MI5! I thought for a moment it really was! Are you sure you should be calling yourself that? 😀

That's a matter of National security I'm afraid wink

Maybe try a different message app to see if it's a Google issue.........?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122905 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
BTW, Why are you called MI5! I thought for a moment it really was! Are you sure you should be calling yourself that? 😀

That's a matter of National security I'm afraid wink

@Anonymous 

He could  tell you but then he would have to 'kill' you. (joking of course) joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
A James Bond wannabe by the sounds of it!
Message 14 of 16

MI5
  • 144312 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Nah, he was MI6
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 15 of 16

RunrigForever
  • 2166 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

If there is a vacancy wink I'd like to be Moneypenny please ? ... in the more traditional Lois Maxwell vein of the Service slight_smile

***DESORMAIS***
Message 16 of 16