cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts not being received from AQA service on Android phone

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have an Android phone but it no longer receives texts from a premium number I send questions too.

The service is called Any Question Answered on 63336. I send my text, money is taken out my credit, which is normal, but no response text is received.

I have checked with the AQA text service and they confirm the text was sent but I never receive it.

I sent a text question yesterday at 22nd July at 2.07pm but no text was received from them, even though it is likely they sent it.

Once I received a text from them, but it only appeared in Google Messages app for a few seconds before disappearing. I never had chance to open it.

Could it be a fault with Android update, 02 or AQA?

I have a new Nokia Android phone on Android 11 and before that I had an Alba smartphone on Android 7 so I know it is not a fault with my actual phone.

Can anyone help me start receiving texts from AQA again.

Thank you

Philip
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Anonymous

Check for a spam & blocked folder on your Android Phone, it can be found in Android 11 by going into Messages and then the 3 dots at the top of the screen and they could be in there.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've checked Spam and Blocked folder in Messages app but it is empty.
Message 3 of 16

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Anonymous

Have you spoken to AQA at all and when did this first start?
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, I've emailed them before. All they did was confirm the texts were received and sent, and showed me in the email what the answer was!
I don't think they really believed me!

It's been happening since I got my new SIM card in 2017 for my smartphone. I received the first text from them successfully. But after that nothing! I don't text them a lot as it is a premium number, but I find the service useful sometimes.

I've emailed them now just to confirm they haven't blocked me. Just waiting to hear back from them.

It's not a huge problem as I can use another of my mobile phones, which is just an ordinary mobile (not a smartphone) and it works. I even get text adverts from them.

My first smartphone with same SIM card was on Android 7 and I noticed after a Google update to Messages app that some texts sometimes disappeared before I had chance to open them. This has stopped happening now, but the AQA texts stubbornly don't come through.

I get other texts from usual mobiles o.k. It's a mystery. I don't think AQA know either!

I wonder if an update to Google Messages could be causing it.

Could it be preventing it coming through being a premium number?

Thanks for your help. 😃
Message 5 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Why not just save your money and Google for answers to your questions?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I suppose so, but that's not the point is it!

😃
Message 7 of 16

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Honestly I'm not sure why you would pay a service that probably just Googles for the answer anyway wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 16

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11991 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Have you added a limit on the amount of charges you can add to your bill?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
I see your point, but it can sometimes be quicker than trailing through web pages. It's a good service, but it's just the mystery of the thing! It works on other phones, just not mine. Well to start with it did, then suddenly stopped, but money was still being taken for sending the text.

In any case to start with ordinary texts were disappearing as well from the Google Messaging app before being opened at the same time. This has stopped now, but I wonder if a Google update could be preventing the text from coming through being a premium number.

BTW, Why are you called MI5! I thought for a moment it really was! Are you sure you should be calling yourself that? 😀
Message 10 of 16