Did you mean: 

Swapped to ESim and now phone loses mobile data

Aaron12
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello,

I have a Samsung S23 Ultra. I switched to an ESIM a few days ago. Since switching, if my phone loses signal (e.g. in a lift or on the underground), it does not restore mobile data when signal is restored (this doesn't occur when I leave WiFi coverage or turn it off manually). I am forced to switch flight mode on, then off to regain mobile data (or alternatively disable my ESIM then re-enable). 

- I have removed my old physical SIM (makes no difference)

- I have reset all network settings

- I have tried defaulting APN settings

- I have restricting the device to 4G only and manually specifying the O2 network provider

- I have rebooted the phone multiple times

My physical SIM worked fine. 

What else can I try?

Cheers

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122954 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@Aaron12 

We're just customers like you but it sounds as if you need someone to access your account which can't be done from here

Give O2 a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (Contract) OR 4445 or 0344 809 222 (PAYG)

Or you can message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG), hopefully they should be able to help.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Blayney1980
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi,  I am having the exact same issue with an I-Phone 14 pro max,  swapped to e-sim and phone loses mobile data, will not work again until I toggle airplane mode on/off again, O2 are looking into it but very frustrating! I actually swapped back to a physical sim and still having the same issue,  keen to know if you get yours resolved as it's likely the same issue! 

Message 3 of 12

Blayney1980
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Update: O2 are in the middle of doing a disconnect / reconnect on my number,  seen a few other posts saying this had sorted the same issue,  fingers crossed, will post again to see if it has sorted it out.

Message 4 of 12

Blayney1980
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

so a disconnect / reconnect of my number has worked a treat! very frustrating but finally fixed.

Message 5 of 12

benchy23
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem. Have contacted O2 and after explaining the issue to the customer service person they put me on hold and the call gets transferred to someone else to whom I have to explain the same thing over and over again.  This has happened 6 times today. It is like Groundhog Day.  Frustrating. I have explained the issue thoroughly 6 times now, and also mentioned this thread.  No luck yet.

Message 6 of 12

Blayney1980
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yeah I had this same issue when trying to report my issue, (and when trying to ring for updates!) it is very frustrating but I would ask the network team for a disconnect/reconnect of your number,  seems to be the only thing to fix it! also another thread here with someone having the same issues on a google pixel device: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/Pixel-7-mobile-data-issues/m-p/1637012#M36812

Message 7 of 12

benchy23
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I asked the lady in customer service to do that but she was a bit afraid to do it so had to call again and now they have raised it with the technical team so I hope eventually they get to this point and solve the problem.

Thanks

Message 8 of 12

Blayney1980
  • 7 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

yes, fingers crossed it sorts the issue out, let us know how you get on.  I really want to swap to an e-sim again but afraid to now incase I'm hit with the same issue twice.

Message 9 of 12

benchy23
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Issue has been resolved. Finally got O2 to disconnect my number from the network yesterday and reconnected today and it solved the problem as mentioned.

I also tested with an EE eSIM and they don’t have this issue. Appears to be an O2 only problem. All good now. Hope O2 takes note of this. I never heard back from their technical team had to convince customer service to do the disconnect/reconnect by myself.

Message 10 of 12