Did you mean: 

Stolen phone - contacting 02

Yasmin89
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

My phone was stolen a week ago and I desperately need a replacement and a new sim. I am eligible for early upgrade with 02 refresh but I am unable to reach anyone at 02 on any platform. 

Is there anyone who can help me? 

Many thanks

Yasmin

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Yasmin89 

All we have is here Guide: Lost or Stolen O2 Device? - How to Report it 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 15

Yasmin89
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you - Live chat doesn't seem to be an option online at this point and I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to get through to 02 on the phone. I was wither on hold for half an hour each time or it just cut me off saying they couldn't answer my calls. 

I know it's a difficult time but a phone would be very useful right now. 

Message 3 of 15

O2Heather
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 13 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi yasmin, you can do an early up grade VIA the my o2 app. You can download this on any device.
signature
Message 4 of 15

Yasmin89
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I tried this, but they either want to send me a text to the phone which is lost, confiming it is me, or they will automatically send it to my registered address - however I have been travelling an am unsure if my registered address is the one I am currently in isolation at. 

I don't want the phone going to my old address as I have no way of collecting it. 

Message 5 of 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Yasmin89 

This highlights the need to always keep your contact details up to date.

You will need to update your address details with O2.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 15

Yasmin89
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Yes, hindsight is always wonderful.

However, i cant update my details without a phone as everything seems to involve them sending a code to my phone to check it is me.
Message 7 of 15

Ben_30
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am having a similar issue but I am still trying, without success, to get my sim and phone blocked. I have called up multiple times to report this but I immediately get cut off after going through a certain number of automated questions on the phone. There must be a way to do this at this time as it's pretty critical?

As the next step, which you are at, I also have a spare O2 sim but I don't see a way to port my number to this pin once the issue above has been resolved. The online sim swap is down, you get cut off if you call the automated line and I can't text 'swap' from the old or new sim
Message 8 of 15

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ben_30 

Once you do get it reported, O2 willl send a new sim setup with your account details.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 15

Ben_30
  • 5 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks, how do I get it reported though at this time?

As far as I can tell the number is cutting off automatically once you get to a certain point in the automated reporting service. I have attempted numerous times, over and over, for the past 2 days at different points of the day. I have also attempted to try and see if I could get through by selecting different options but with no luck - still the automatic cut off.

Message 10 of 15