Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So far no help with a stolen number

henrystar
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Around january i noticed my sim became inactive suddenly.
the next day i went to a local o2 store and had a sim card swap. i was told they can take up to 24hours.

it did not work. i returned again to have another sim card swap. same again.

during this time i received an email saying that my MY O2 account email has been changed, and to act if it was not me, only to have a second email in the same minute saying the change was successful. i have absolutely no idea how that was possible.

a third visit, one of the store staff called my number and it rang. someone who'm i don't know answered.

it was evidently clear they had managed to hijack my number. while in store i spoke with someone on the phone and was told they would investigate and call me back (on a new sim i had to purchase).

since then i have never received a call back. i have had to call o2, and go through the same motions about 8 times. start from the beginning. attempt to give the my stolen number to text or email that is no longer valid, for them to then move me onto a higher up that tells me it's being investigated and i will be called back.

I would love to have ignored this and moved on. i had to change many, and important, accounts associated with my number for security. I have lost so many customers and potential customers through my business and have had to have 6 vas re-sign written.

my number was extremely unique.

it should be simple to identify me and claim it back. i could give o2 every frequent number i had dialled since the day it was taken. and i believe my name is still there. but i don't know what else i can do at this point.

note: it was a monthly contract for the longest time. last summer it ended and switched to p&g for a while before deciding on a new contract. i was told this made things difficult for them. for whatever reason.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@henrystar 

The only people who can help are the customer services team, who will pass it on to the fraud team, who will investigate this will take some time, but they will come back to you.  However you have waited 5 months to re raise this so it could be an issue.

You will be best calling 0344 809 0202 and speak to someone. 

It will also be a good idea to log with Action Fraud. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3004 Solutions

@henrystar 

The only people who can help are the customer services team, who will pass it on to the fraud team, who will investigate this will take some time, but they will come back to you.  However you have waited 5 months to re raise this so it could be an issue.

You will be best calling 0344 809 0202 and speak to someone. 

It will also be a good idea to log with Action Fraud. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@henrystar You should have done this a long time ago, but here's the link: https://www.actionfraud.police.uk/

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3