Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow network

Rallyevo3
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am on 5g in the s81 area using an s21 Ultra, the download speed is appalling and the upload speed is 0.01, network checker days no issues, rebooted phone several times, reset my network settings, can't contact O2... Rubbish

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Only some of the info in here will apply... Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

But do set up the My Network app (registration needed, uses a different credential and password from the Forum/MyO2) to keep you, and O2, aware of the performance issue in the mast closest to you, @Rallyevo3.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Try switching to 2g/3g, see if it is local congestion, @Rallyevo3 - I have seen that happen in busy places at peak times.

And download the O2 My Network app and set it up for the places that matter to you, so you receive notification of issues or work in progress by O2 in those areas:

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

Message 2 of 6

Rallyevo3
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks for the reply, tried that exactly the same, just tried an S9 and that's the same too

Message 3 of 6

pgn
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

Only some of the info in here will apply... Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

But do set up the My Network app (registration needed, uses a different credential and password from the Forum/MyO2) to keep you, and O2, aware of the performance issue in the mast closest to you, @Rallyevo3.

Message 4 of 6

Rallyevo3
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've set it up, it says it looks like a mast isn't working properly, when I did a speedtest upload failed, let's see what happens... Thanks for the info

Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

Worksop has 5G, bleedin hell, that means you have electricity....  tongue

In all seriousness, o2 try and sort mast issues out as quickly as they can but do bare in mind it might not be as as simple as a reboot, and may require parts or byway works... 

keep an eye on the app, and should get some texts as well.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6