Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim swap

Richie_e17
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - I have received a new SIM 5g card, I have followed the instructions as specified:

1. Pop out the sim card to the right size

2. Pop it in the SIM tray

3. Activate my SIM by going to 02.co.uk/swapmysim  - I have logged into my O2 account and it then says they will send me 2 text messages.  I never receive them and now I cant use my phone to call 202 as the SIM isnt yet working as I dont get the code to activate it.

Can any one tell me how I can get gelp.  The O2 website is rubbish, keep clicking contact us but there is no way listed to contact them.  There is lots of self help in the contact us section but NO actual way to contact them. Its an absolute shambles of a support page!

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richie_e17 

Text from your old sim first Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richie_e17 

Text from your old sim first Guide: Sim Swap: a mini guide 2017 update 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

You start the sim swap by texting SWAP from your old sim card

The text messages go to that sim @Richie_e17 

Message 3 of 7

Richie_e17
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi according to the instructions you swap the sim first, step 3 is going to the website to do the logical swap.

Message 4 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Richie_e17 

Text the word SWAP to 20220 from your old sim. You will get step by step instructions via text message.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 7

Richie_e17
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you.  That worked.  Why the instruction from o2 in writing with the SIM card say to swap the card in step 2 and then in step 3 do the code thing I don’t know.  Complete numpties at o2 clearly. 

Message 6 of 7

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Pleased you are sorted @Richie_e17 👍

Currently using:
Message 7 of 7