Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim has changed accounts

Dizzaloo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 account which just has my sons phone on now as I stupidly moved my contract to EE last year. Son has/had an iPhone 12 but it’s broken so he put his sim into his Samsung S21…as soon as he switched on the S21 with his sim in it has swapped to my old account. It has deleted his contacts and given him a random handful of my contacts. He can no longer make calls, send texts or use his data but when I ring his number it works. When he puts the sim into an old iPhone it works as well. 
it’s really weird…does anyone know why it’s doing this and how to enable him to use the sim in his S21?

thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Dizzaloo 

He needs to do a factory reset on the Samsung.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144335 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Dizzaloo 

He needs to do a factory reset on the Samsung.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2