Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal but no data

Iford_resident
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Your “My network” is reporting that there is an issue with the mast covering Lewes town in Sussex. I have network bars but no data. I’ve reported this over a months ago and it’s still not been resolved. I rely on have data when I’m out and about but this issue means that I’m having to rely on public WiFi. When will this be resolved? 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24043 Posts
  • 1048 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@Iford_resident This is not O2. This is a customer community. No one here would have an answer for you. You need to keep reporting the issue.

How to find help & contact O2: A Guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8081 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1653 Solutions

Neither this Community made up of customers, or Customer Services will be able to tell you.

Repairs to the network can be complicated, landlords etc holding out on granting access, shortage of parts (a world wide problem) etc.

All we have are these guides 

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

Use the My Network App to report and get updates

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

japitts
Level 8: Talented
  • 234 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

The symptoms you describe are usually caused by there being insufficient capacity on your serving sites, for the amount of usage being requested. To resolve this, needs more capacity being deployed on those sites.

If that were a quick & easy fix, it's generally done quickly - it may require a reconfig of the site or re-rig works to add additional frequency bands, or additional backhaul to support extra spectrum. These can be long-term jobs.

Message 4 of 4