Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shooters Hill, Eltham, SE9

KFD
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There's a big blind spot on shooters hill where no 02 signal is accessible, lots of locals complain endlessly about this. I'm not sure if a BT signal is available. There are at least three towers with lots of mobile and other device attachments including tetra. If you move may 100 metres away you get a signal. I'm sure 02 must be aware of this, does anyone have any knowledge of this?

BTW you can txt

Thanks

Kevin

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

KFD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Sorry, let me be clear you can txt in the area just no call signal available

Message 2 of 9

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@KFD 

Report it through the My Network app 

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 9

KFD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, will do

Message 4 of 9

KFD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You can see a big orange area on the app when I move to the affected area, I suppose o2 already know about the issue, I've let them know anyway, it's been a problem for ages (years)

Message 5 of 9

KFD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

SE18 3HP

Message 6 of 9

MI5
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@KFD 

They seem to think everything is OK here https://status.o2.co.uk/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 7 of 9

KFD
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's right, they do, but it's not, tried 3 phones in the same area today, my friends and neighbours get no signal, sos calls only, I'm not even sure that would work. It must be 3-500 houses affected. Like I said you move away from the mast towers, I don't know, a few hundred metres and the signal comes back. All the locals use analogue lines. Wireless is ok (as you'd expect) so Internet is available. It just appears to be some sort of interference. From what I gather many have complained but no resolution. I've been an IT tech for 25years plus, I'm interested now so plan to keep digging. If you've got any contacts at O2 I'd appreciate them, more than that I'd like to get one of their own techs up to the area with me so they can see it for themselves. 

Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 144825 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27772 Solutions

@KFD 

Sorry no I don't have any contacts within O2 as I'm just a customer like you.

The problem I guess is your proximity to the tower.

Radio waves travel directly outwards in a fan shape, so anyone close to a tower will be in the shadow and not receive any signal from it.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9