Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam texts

Abbeyman
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

On my 1st October bill there was an entry of £3.75 for an incoming text message from number 6533 which is from Kalistia Computing. Tel No 03333137900. On my 1st November bill there are a further three entries each of £3.75, all plus VAT.

I have no knowledge and have never seen or read these texts. What is going on ?

This is nothing short of pure theft.

Has anyone had similar problems ?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

TallTrees
Level 50: Versatile
  • 11250 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 374 Solutions

Yes this does happen @Abbeyman 

You need to contact customer services and get this removed and refunded. While you are there to stop this from happening again ask them to bar bill payments to your phone. 

Good luck and welcome to the o2 community forum 

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149608 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28517 Solutions

@Abbeyman 

Community help here Guide: Have you fallen for or been conned into a premium rate scam? What to do next 

A great website here www.payforitsucks.co.uk

You can also ask O2 to bar all charge to mobile and direct to bill payments on your account.

Guide: Tips to avoid unexpected charges on your bill 

Contact numbers for O2 here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Abbeyman welcome to our community and good to see you got some helpful advice and next steps above from @TallTrees and @MI5 . Let us know if you have any further questions at any point that the community could help with.

Message 4 of 4