Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santander OTP not received

Jayef
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 8 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Just switched to O2 from Sky, & trying to register a new OnePlus phone using Santander app.

Problem is that Santander OTP is not being received. All other text sending & receiving is fine.

I see others have had a similar problem, but can't find a solution.

Any advice please as to next steps to fix.

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @Cleoriff  

@Jasphills  I will send you a private message now

signature
Message 41 of 50

Cleoriff
  • 124147 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7513 Solutions

Thanks @O2Georgina x

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 42 of 50

Robotredford
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been having the same issue from several different companies that I never had when I was with O2 previously. Returned to them recently and it feels like at least half of the otp's I request never arrive. Same phone and number I had with O2 previously so can't think of any reason it should stop working now.

Message 43 of 50

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37205 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

@Robotredford wrote:

I've been having the same issue from several different companies that I never had when I was with O2 previously. Returned to them recently and it feels like at least half of the otp's I request never arrive. Same phone and number I had with O2 previously so can't think of any reason it should stop working now.

I think there has been an issue with one registry that handles PAC requests, Syniverse (MPN service), impacting number moves between the larger mobile telecom companies and the MVNOs like TescoMobile, GiffGaff, Lycamobile, etc. Not sure exactly what the beef is though, @Robotredford.

Message 44 of 50

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

@O2Sarah-, I see you've contacted a few people from this thread. Was there any solution to those or did they have to be referred elsewhere?

Message 45 of 50

Robotredford
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No idea it's certainly frustrating. I've bought a new tablet and struggling to install a lot of apps on it because I can't get an OTP to verify my account details.

Some of them have let me change to an authenticator app but not all.

Just as an update I for the most part do receive an OTP but it takes so long it is no longer valid and I often receive up to a dozen otp's of the same code spread across several hours even though I only made a request once or twice at most.

I even tried waiting a day and requesting some of them again only to eventually receive the same codes from the previous day which had obviously long since stopped being valid.

Not sure what the problem is but something is clearly impeding the codes coming through properly.

I spoke to O2 customer service and they said they couldn't find any issues in their end so I've no idea what to do.

Message 46 of 50

Shrub72
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi @Breanna, I have the same problem. Came from Virgin to O2 in July. I am not receiving OTP codes from Santander. I received one on Sunday but not today for some reason. Called Santander and they referred me to O2. Called O2 and they referred me to Santander. Anyone that can help?

Message 47 of 50

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7086 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions

@Shrub72 I'm afraid the staff that were here were removed in July so it's just us customers now.

All we can do is suggest keeping on at O2 until you find someone who knows what they are doing

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 48 of 50

OTPHero
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I just had this issue (on android) and fixed it by going into message settings and turning RCS chats off, waiting a while, and then turning RCS chats on again.

Message 49 of 50

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7412 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Thanks for the feedback @OTPHero, one for folks to try when they have this problem in the future. 👍 

Message 50 of 50