Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy Z flip / permanent line across fold

Jaketino
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, 

Recently we have noticed a thick line across the fold line of the screen, I have searched and realised that it’s a common fault with these devices.. I was wondering if your able to help as it’s under contract! I have not taken insurance out but want to see if you can do anything? Thanks 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Hi, so do you mean a coloured line within the display panel itself, or like a crease in the fold line?

A crease is considered within normal for a folding display, however a coloured or blanked out display line within the oled panel itself is not considered normal.

Firstly is there any way you can take a picture and post it up to see what issue it is.

If it is indeed a line within the oled then if it's had no damage or misuse, I would strongly suggest taking it to a Samsung experience store as they are far, far more experienced with the technical aspects of the folding display... And the warranty of such.

Where o2 may say "it is not covered by warranty" Samsung, who are more experienced, may say "the oled sheet failed on the weak point and is not user error"

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10763 Posts
  • 120 Topics
  • 347 Solutions

Hi @Jaketino 

Welcome to the o2 Community forum. 

We are a customer based Community and can give some advice but do not have access to accounts. 

You need to ask o2 customer service if it is still under 1 year old  or Samsung.   You can contact o2 customer services here:

you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 2 of 3

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions

Hi, so do you mean a coloured line within the display panel itself, or like a crease in the fold line?

A crease is considered within normal for a folding display, however a coloured or blanked out display line within the oled panel itself is not considered normal.

Firstly is there any way you can take a picture and post it up to see what issue it is.

If it is indeed a line within the oled then if it's had no damage or misuse, I would strongly suggest taking it to a Samsung experience store as they are far, far more experienced with the technical aspects of the folding display... And the warranty of such.

Where o2 may say "it is not covered by warranty" Samsung, who are more experienced, may say "the oled sheet failed on the weak point and is not user error"

Message 3 of 3