cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Note Ultra20 5G dropping calls/Network connection ( O2 network not WIFI)

GaryT
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Calls are dropped anywhere between 2-5 mins, and the Network icon ( strength bars) changes to "Network not available" and I can't dial out for 10-15 seconds while it resets itself.

Been happening randomly for 6-7 weeks and though it was Network coverage as I'm in the countryside. (Got the ultra 20 at the beginning of Dec 21)

Had a software upgrade on the phone this morning- and did the same thing within 10 mins.

However, I then looked at the Samsung forum today, and see it appears to be a known issue with the phone!

How do I get this fixed please, and if it can't be fixed, how do I get the phone chaged or returned.

I never had this issue with my Note 10+...

Suggestions please.

Gary.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GaryT 

I'd speak to Samsung as if they are aware, they will be the best to advise you.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

GaryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

MI5,

Thanks for your post.

However, I bought the phone from O2, not samsung. I'm paying O2, not samsung. Therefore it seems reasonable to me to get support from O2.

Message 3 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions

@GaryT 

Samsung have the experts and will deal with you a lot faster than o2 will, and as it is know fault with the model of handset Samsung will know how to fix it. 

If you want to o2 to sort the call them from any other phone on 0344 809 0202 and they will be able to help, albeit a lot slower and will probably want you to send the phone in to them.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144170 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions

@GaryT wrote:

MI5,

Thanks for your post.

However, I bought the phone from O2, not samsung. I'm paying O2, not samsung. Therefore it seems reasonable to me to get support from O2.

@GaryT 

I can only advise you from my own experience as to your best course of action.

Of course you can ask O2 to fix it or exchange it (if under 30 days).

The choice is entirely yours.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

GaryT
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you for your replies, I appreciate you taking the time. Was a bit peeved...

I did speak to Samsung, and have gone through a complete factory reset and app re-setup ( what a pain!)

We'll see what happens over the next few days and take it from there.

Thanks again.

G.

Message 6 of 6