Did you mean: 

SIM not provisioned, emergency calls only

Jph96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Help! 
While on holiday in Greece, Virgin have swapped me to o2. A new o2 sim was sent to my address but I won't be home until next month.

O2 have now cut off my current sim and activated the new one 2000 miles away from me.

I have talked to o2 3 times for an hour each (from a Greek landline costing millions).. They said my old sim would be reactivated in 24 hours…nope…I've put all the new settings I was told to into my phone, Turned it off numerous times, reinserted sim, manually searched for networks, done EVERYTHING but still no connection! I'm told as far as they can see on the system, the old sim IS now activated, but it isn't.

They now say they'll credit £20 to my account and I must go and buy a local sim to use until I get home!!!! I can't as in Greece you cannot just buy a sim without a tax number etc… 

How can I get my current Virgin sim reactivated? I'm stuck without any phone reception until I get home next month.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Jph96 

Only O2 can sort this for you.

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 7

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7122 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1586 Solutions

Virgin promised this would not happen, but here we are.

I doubt very much they will be able to reactivate the Virgin SIM as it usually does not work unless you are on the UK network.

We are all customers here so we can only suggest keeping at O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93292 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 using the links below, they should be able to help you with this

Message 4 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10651 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Jph96 

Sim activations abroad are dependent on the roaming networking completing the connection, as the sim is actually registered to a Belgian Network (thanks to Virgins weird network setup).. 

All you can do is keep trying o2 and see if they can escalate to the old sim provider and to avoid costs use skype and call +44 800 081 0255 and select option 1 and then 3

Unfortunately this is all down to Virgin wrongly informing o2 that your sim is in the UK

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 7

Jph96
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I did contact Virgin saying I would be abroad on my switchover date, they assured me the current sim would not be cut off until I get home and activate the o2 sim.. hmmmm!

3 calls to o2 and numerous messages with them, and they still promise they'll reactivate it but haven't 😞

Message 6 of 7

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10651 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3094 Solutions

@Jph96 

Not really surprised as Virgin, will have noted it in there CRM tool, but not actually done anything with it...  It is very difficult to reactivate the VM sims, due to how the network was setup, and even more challenging if the sim is not in the UK...

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 7 of 7