Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM and eSIM

Snoopy1516
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have an O2 physical SIM and I just bought an eSIM, I changed tariffs hence the new eSIM. I was fiddle around on my iPhone 14 today and put my number that was originally on my physical SIM onto my eSIM and since the dual SIM thing icon went and now I cannot get it back - can you explain to me what has happened and if now because I changed tariff anyway if it does not matter as the phone number if now on the eSIM. Also will I continue paying for the tariff on the original SIM

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11273 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Snoopy1516 

You didn't need an eSim to do a tariff change and you have caused yourself pain going forward

So your old number that was on the physical sim is now on the eSim, which disables the physical sim, as you can't have 2 sims with the same number.  

So you can throw away the physical sim as it needs to be removed from the phone...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11273 Posts
  • 62 Topics
  • 3153 Solutions

@Snoopy1516 

You didn't need an eSim to do a tariff change and you have caused yourself pain going forward

So your old number that was on the physical sim is now on the eSim, which disables the physical sim, as you can't have 2 sims with the same number.  

So you can throw away the physical sim as it needs to be removed from the phone...

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 2