Did you mean: 

Roaming not working in Italy

James1uk
Level 1: Joiner
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

F2A320AF-EF10-40E6-8F1C-08E3B71D5939.jpeg

Hi- my iPhone 12 is not working when roaming in Italy. It briefly connects to a network but the signal bars stay totally greyed out (see pic below) then it shows as no signal. This happens wherever I am, even though my partner sat next to me has full signal. It happened last year and @O2Lisa managed to do something on my account to get it working. But it has happened again and the last 2 times I’ve been here I haven’t been able to use my phone. Is anyone else able to help to get my phone on today? I’m on O2 pay monthly.  Thanks!! 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @James1uk 

@O2Lisaisn't on today but we can sort it.

Some things to try

1. Manually search for another network
  2. Reboot the phone
  3. If you have an iPhone change your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"
  4. If still not working then contact O2 to remove the Roaming bar on your account

. If you message O2 on Facebook ( https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter ( https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram ( https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 16

James1uk
  • 14 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey! Thanks - tried those things but still not working. It happened last year and Lisa was able to do something on her side to make it work but not sure what it was..

Message 3 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@James1ukI'm sorry but @O2Lisa isn't on until Monday at 8am. I do have the option of tagging @megjess who is on this morning until 2pm. I presume it's a roaming bar which can be removed by any account advisor so I have tagged @megjess and she will be contacting you soon.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 16

megjess
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 21 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Cleoriff  thank you for the tag

hi @James1uk thank you for contacting us i will pm to get the issue resolved 

megjess
Message 5 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Thanks @megjess 😊

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 16

JulieElaGrace
Level 1: Joiner
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@O2Lisa: Please, can you help me to remove the roaming bar from my account? Despite changing the APN, my phone still doesn't work in Italy--and it hasn't since June!                 

Message 7 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@JulieElaGrace

If you have been in Italy since June, I presume that's 2021? If so, you have exceeded the 63 days roaming allowed by O2, according to their fair usage policy.

"Using our services in our Europe Zone for more than 63 days in any four-month period is what we consider to be unfair use. If you do this we’ll send you a fair usage notification by text. If you continue to use these services after we’ve notified you, we’ll apply surcharges for further usage that we recognise as over usage"

https://www.o2.co.uk/roamfairuse 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 16

JulieElaGrace
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

ha! No! I have come to Italy twice since June 2021 and it hasn't worked either time--ever since I got the iPhone 12 Pro Max, but my partner's Vodaphone SIM works in it, so it isn't the phone. O2 sent me a new SIM in the UK, thinking that would solve the issue and it hasn't. My phone just worked fine in Portugal last week though. It's odd and frustrating. I haven't been in Europe more than 62 days in the last 8 months, let alone 4, so it's definitely not that! ha!

Message 9 of 16

JulieElaGrace
  • 12 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

(To be clear, this is my third visit to Italy since last June and it hasn't worked any time--I haven't been here consecutively since June.)

Message 10 of 16