Did you mean: 

Request a port but then go abroad

chrismid259
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hello all

I have requested to port my number into O2 but then read that porting can not be completed whilst abroad. I will be out of the country when the port takes place - as this will presumably fail, does this mean that my temporary O2 number will not work?

Appreciate any information. Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

The Community Guide to Porting, last section, goes through porting - which, as it is a weekend, means your phone should port on Tuesday.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Your temporary number will keep working until the port completes, @chrismid259. I have never been out of the country when porting, but if the port can only be done while on O2's network in the UK, it begs the question "how will your temporary number go out if service in a different country"...?

Good question - in your position, with PAC sent to O2, you have no choice but to see what happens cone Tuesday, wherever you are going to be. Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35929 Posts
  • 228 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

The Community Guide to Porting, last section, goes through porting - which, as it is a weekend, means your phone should port on Tuesday.

Guide: Migration & porting into O2  

Your temporary number will keep working until the port completes, @chrismid259. I have never been out of the country when porting, but if the port can only be done while on O2's network in the UK, it begs the question "how will your temporary number go out if service in a different country"...?

Good question - in your position, with PAC sent to O2, you have no choice but to see what happens cone Tuesday, wherever you are going to be. Good luck!

Message 2 of 2