Did you mean: 

RUFEND

Che
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Dear O2,

Firstly I would like to say I am absolutely appalled with the experience I have had with O2 ever since I left Giffgaff 2 years ago. 

You would have thought a smaller company like Gaff-gaff, that doesn't even have customer service would obviously not be as good as a giant like O2, but I was completely wrong.

I would like to list you everything about O2 that is terrible and why I would like to leave.

Number one, you have the worst customer service I have ever experienced in my life. My iPhone stopped working in November, I was put on hold for about half an hour just to get through to one of your colleagues. And don’t even try to use to the pandemic as an excuse.

Terrible customer service has always been an issue even before 2020. I called one of your workers on the phone to complain about how expensive my phone bills were and he actually ended up INCREASING my bill somehow.

When my phone broke, I called O2 to get a replacement for my phone, so I could get some use out of the absolute fortune I was wasting on my phone insurance, and low and behold, guess what happened? Nothing! No one showed up to collect it, and I'm still sat here with a broken phone, and still paying a fortune every month for insurance that I don't even use. I would damn well like some kind of refund for my insurance. As a 21-year-old student, I cannot justify the money I have spent on this.

It doesn’t even end there, allow me to explain to you some of the mind-boggling phone bills I have been spending since I've been with O2.

On the 14th of September 2020, I spent a whopping £83.26 on my phone bill. Can someone please explain to me how in the name of God a phone should cost this much for a month? and don't even try to tell me it's because of bolt ons. Why are the bolt on prices so high then? It is disgusting, and any other customer that has the guts to admit it will obviously agree with me. 

Next reason O2 is God awful, is because you make it IMPOSSIBLE to change tariffs online. God forbid I would actually have to call your customer service again. Since my phone broke, and I had to downgrade my iPhone to an old blackberry, I haven't even used ANY of my data in the last FOUR MONTHS, yet I am still being charged for it and I can't find any way on your poorly designed website to change my plan to not include 5 gb of data! You literally design your website, so it is deliberately difficult to change things like this.

On the 14th of October 2020 I only paid £23.13 for my phone bill. How the hell is there this big of a margin in price in one month? £83.26 in September to only £23.13 in October? I want an explanation. I refuse to pay any more than £30 a month. I am a student. I am not rich.

To end this complaint, I would like to demand some form of refund. There is absolutely no way in hell a student like myself should be paying prices like this for a PHONE. It is as if I am paying someone else’s rent. I have gotten absolutely NOTHING out of these ridiculously prices “add-ons” and my insurance, I never got a new phone when I asked for one, and I never even use my data anymore due to my phone being broke!

Secondly, after I get my refund I would like to ask to leave O2 so I can go back to Giff Gaff, because I seriously miss only paying £10 a month, and being able to change my plan whenever I wish, instead of being with O2 and being robbed every month of my life.

I hope to hear back from an O2 Guru soon.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@O2Ellie or @O2Georgina may be able to help?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

O2Georgina
  • 387 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 13 Solutions

Thanks for the tag @MI5 , 

@Che  I will send you a private message now so that i can look in to this for you

signature
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks Gina slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4