Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query with sim card when updating to a new device and tariff

Mclough
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I've recently upgraded to a Samsung s21 5g. My son in law set it up for me. My data has also upgraded to 30gb from 5gb. I keep getting warning msgs saying I've almost used all my data at 4.17gb. I think my son in law put my old sim in the phone and it's not updated. Can I put the new sim in? Will it keep all my original info, contacts, apps and phone number?

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mclough 

You need to go into your data settings in the phone and change the data limit from 5 to 30gb

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Mclough 

You need to go into your data settings in the phone and change the data limit from 5 to 30gb

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mclough If you want to use the new 5G sim that came with the phone you'll need to do a sim swap:

SIM Swap: a mini guide (incl eSim) - O2 Community

If you're not comfortable with doing it yourself, call into an O2 store if you have one nearby and they'll do the swap for you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3